Crown Prince Paras Of Nepal Had A Heart Attack

Friday, September 07, 2007

Yesterday, again I was watching avenues television. I just couldn't sleep at the daytime. Usually I work at night and in the daytime I take some rest. I just thought of tuning into something good so that I could sleep and dream about it. Yeah sounds funny but mostly I do those sorts of crazy things. Then suddenly it was avenues televisions showing breaking news again. I thought it must be other hot news again; otherwise, avenues television only starts from 6 in the evening. It was showing footage of our prince Paras taken to a hospital by some army people. I thought may be the royal family sustained another attack. I called my mom and dad to watch the news then I know that prince Paras had sustained a heart attack.

I thought it was serious and might be fatal but later on the news described it as just a simple attack and that prince was okay by then. The news then went on for the rest of the day on avenues television. They were claiming that only they have the footage of the prince being taken to the hospital. That was true. I surfed on all the Nepali channels, none of them had any footage but only news and interviews with the doctors.

Prince Paras sustained heart attack in the morning while he was having his breakfast tea. Then at 10:15 he was taken to the Norvic Hospital for further treatment after two of the doctors visited his house. Immediately at the hospital a procedure called angioplasty was done. The doctors had hard time explaining that to the news persons. It was clearly visible that the news persons were unable to even pronounce the word. Angioplasty is simply, "The repair of a blood vessel, as by inserting a balloon-tipped catheter to unclog it or by replacing part of the vessel with either a piece of the patient's own tissue or a prosthetic device: coronary angioplasty to widen an artery blocked by plaque."

The procedure was just to normal for the doctors at the hospital as it was a daily happening thing for them. They described they do such procedure to most of the patients who have artery blockage, and that it is the standard procedure throughout the world. They also confirmed that prince was okay and that he will be discharged after four or five days of stay in the hospital. 2-3 days in the ICU and then 2-3 days in the recovery room and prince will be ready to go to his house.

Posted by Amrit Man Dangol at   7:16 AM        

Stumble It     DiggIt     Add to Del.icio.us     Technorati     Netscape.     Spurl     BlinkList     Blogmarks     ma.gnolia         reddit     Yahoo! Myweb     Furl button     Google

Listen to this post

Your cOmment"s Here! Hover Your cUrsOr to leave a cOmment.