My Momo Craziness

Friday, September 21, 2007

Momo is the food that is made of flour and usually buffalo meat. It is believed to be Tibetan food item but it has gained so much popularity in Nepal that it is now hard to believe that it came from Tibet. I think this is the most eaten food item in Nepal these days, well may be besides rice.

I don’t remember when was the first time I ate momo but since my childhood, I love to have momo and I have kinda become crazed over momo. I can say no to rice (our basic food) but I cannot say no to momo. Either I am full and just had a huge feast, there can always be a place for some momos inside my tummy. If you are in Nepal and at Basantapur, you will see 100s of crowded street stalls selling momo and I wonder where do the people come in such a great mass to have those street food. Even tourists are having momo and other street foods these days, beside the fact that they do not come up to the hygienic food as they have it in their 5 star hotels. Well for me no matter what, I love momo in any form, either hygienic or non-hygienic.

Posted by Amrit Man Dangol at   2:44 AM        

Stumble It     DiggIt     Add to Del.icio.us     Technorati     Netscape.     Spurl     BlinkList     Blogmarks     ma.gnolia         reddit     Yahoo! Myweb     Furl button     Google

Listen to this post

Your cOmment"s Here! Hover Your cUrsOr to leave a cOmment.